I usually like period films but this one just seemed to drag and drag. I’d perk up during Rupert Graves’ scenes, but Vanessa Redgrave just put me to sleep.I was disappointed in the film. It lacked a little "punch" at the end that I’d hoped it would have.
I had never heard either of Virginia Wolf nor of Mrs Dalloway but my mum received a free DVD of this film with her daily newspaper ( a very common practice in the UK apparently ) so she gave me this on a recent visit to England and I thought "Why not" as I have always enjoyed Vanessa Redgrave in the films I have seen of her. I think that to appreciate fully this sort of film you need to be English or have lived many years in England. Much attention is given to recreating the period, the accents, the costumes and decors of the 1920's in that country and the result is truly remarkable. I can understand Americans and other foreigners not appreciating this as it is very far removed from their lifestyle. Also, the plot is rather tame ( I would have preferred more sex and passion ) but presumably the novel in question did not include this. I was also confused by the introduction of a "sub plot" whereby a WW1 soldier with shell shock married to an Italian wife commits…
- Download The Million Dollar Hotel Full Movie | Films The Million Dollar Hotel
- Download Dahmer vs. Gacy Full Movie | Dahmer vs. Gacy Dvd Download
- Download Edward Scissorhands Full Movie | Downloadable Edward Scissorhands Film
- Download Dying Young Full Movie | Download Divx Dying Young
- Download Bongwater Full Movie | Bongwater Film With Good Quality